Generally, most people overlook buying a printer because they think they don't need it. However, having a printer can make life a lot more convenient for both work and office projects. To help you find the best printers for Mac OS, we have put together this list of the top 10 models and explained their features, the pros, and cons, and their price range.
Comparison of the Best Printers for Mac
Here are the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the best printers for Mac.
1. What Are Printers?
Printers are dedicated pieces of hardware that can transfer electronic data such as text, graphics, and photos onto a paper. They are generally classified into two types, inkjet, and laser, and each uses a different type of technology to print information onto the paper.
2. Why Is It Necessary to Have a Printer?
Besides printing, most printers these days come with multiple functions such as scanning, copying, and faxing. Color printers allow you even to print high-quality photographs thus eliminating the need to visit a printing company. If you're running a business, then having a printer is an absolute necessity to streamline your day-to-day activities.
3. What Are the Factors to Consider before Getting the Best Printers for Mac?
Some of the main factors you should consider are the compatibility of the printer with Mac OS, print quality and speed, running costs, features, and the connectivity options.
4. Where Can You Buy the Best Printers for Mac?
You can get some of the best printers for Mac OS from online marketplaces such as Amazon, Staples, Office Depot, and Walmart among others. You could even visit the manufacturer's website to check out their range of printers before making your purchase decision.
How We Reviewed
We scoured the internet to identify and come up with a list of the best printers for Mac OS. Once we accomplished that, our team of reviewers took over and conducted extensive research on the features, the pros and cons, and the price of each entry in the list. We then compared each of the printers with the others in the list to arrive at an unbiased verdict.
Overall Price Range of the Best Printers for Mac
The price range of the best printers for Mac can start as low as $ and can go up to as high as around $$. While the lower priced models can technically satisfy your printing requirements, they're often found to be well below the industry standards when it comes to the print quality and the print speeds.
On the other hand, higher priced models are more likely to deliver outstanding results without compromising on the speed. Also, they possess more features than lower-priced models. Some such features include auto duplex printing and single-pass scanning.
What We Reviewed
Canon PIXMA TR8520 All-In-One Inkjet Printer
- Designed to meet all your needs, from scanning and faxing, a 5 color individual ink system for great looking documents and photos and plenty of connectivity options the Pixma Tr8520 has you covered
- Connect your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease print hassle free whether from the Cloud4, through Bluetooth5, from social Media3 or on the go
- The Pixma Tr8520 is the compact Wireless Office all in one that fits perfectly anywhere in the home or office, is simple to use, and delivers outstanding results every time. Print resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- With intuitive features like the 4.3 inches LCD touchscreen, memory card slot1 and 20 sheet ADF, it's clear to see why the Pixma Tr8520 makes printing, copying, scanning and faxing quick and easy
- Memory capacity: Approx; 250 pages. Modem speed- Up to 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color fax) 18
Perfect for printing photographs, the Canon PIXMA TR8520 is a compact inkjet printer that can effortlessly print resolutions of up to 9600 x 2400 dpi. One of the best printers for Mac OS, the PIXMA comes with 6 individual ink tanks that can be replaced separately, helping you save costs.
Being an all-in-one, the Canon PIXMA TS8520 can also print, copy, and scan documents with ease. The large 4.3-inch touchscreen at the front of the printer makes it easy to navigate the various menus and settings easily. Additionally, the printer comes with Wi-Fi and NFC built right into it, with support for smartphone and cloud printing.
The Canon PIXMA TS8520 all-in-one inkjet printer can be purchased from Amazon for around $.
Brother MFC-J6935DW Inkjet All-in-One Color Printer
- Unit Dimensions: 22.6" x 18.8" x 14.7" | Weight: 51.8 lbs
- Made for business: The brother business smart pro wireless inkjet all-in-one was engineered to help reduce costs and improve printing efficiency
- Print, copy, scan, fax up to 11"x17": Ledger-size scan glass and up to 50-sheet ADF. Single-pass two-sided scan/copy and automatic duplex (2-sided) printing.
- Scan to popular cloud services directly from the 3.7" color touchscreen display including Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, and more. Capture and digitize paper documents with Brother Cloud Apps for electronic storage or sharing
- Amazon dash replenishment enabled: Upon activation, amazon dash replenishment measures the toner level and orders more when it’s low
Ideal for homes and for small offices, the Brother MFC-J6935DW is an all-in-one color printer that can effortlessly take care of all your printing, scanning, and copying needs. With a total paper input capacity of up to 500 sheets, the printer is perfectly poised to tackle heavy-duty printing requirements with ease.
Printing wirelessly is also more hassle-free with this model as it is equipped with support for Wi-Fi Direct, which enables you to connect it directly to the printer without a router or a modem. The Brother MFC-J6935DW is also backed by a solid two-year limited warranty with free phone support through the entire life of the product.
The Brother MFC-J6935DW all-in-one printer can be purchased from Amazon for around $$ to $$$.
Epson Expression Premium XP-6000 Wireless Color Photo Printer
- Save time print 4 inch x 6 inch photos in as fast as 15 seconds (1).
- Superior photo quality with 5 color inks print stunning photos up to 8 inch x 10 inch, plus sharp text for eye catching documents
- Fast print speeds 15.8 ISO ppm (black) and 11.3 ISO ppm (color)
- Convenient, hassle free features auto 2-sided printing, built-in USB and memory card slots (2), and 2.4 inch color LCD and touch panel
- Versatile printing dedicated photo and DVD trays
The Epson Expression Premium XP-6000 is a small sized inkjet printer that delivers crisp photo prints. With an ISO print speed of up to 15.8ppm and 11.3ppm for black and color documents respectively, the printer is pretty fast and helps you save time.
With duplex printing built right in, the printer can also print on both sides of the paper without any manual intervention. Additionally, the printer features slots for both USB drives and memory cards, enabling you to simply plug and print instantly.
The Epson Expression Premium XP-6000 wireless printer can be purchased from Amazon for around $ after discounts.
Epson WorkForce ET-3750
The Epson WorkForce ET-3750 delivers a hassle-free printing solution by eliminating cartridges. The ink tanks are large, easy to fill, and help keep the running costs under control. The printer utilizes the patented PrecisionCore technology to deliver crisp and sharp text every single time.
The Epson WorkForce ET-3750 also supports remote printing from any device from almost anywhere in the world using Epson Connect. Furthermore, the 30-page automatic document feeder combined with auto duplex printing enables the printer to reach printing speeds of up to 6.5 ppm and 4.5ppm for black and color documents respectively.
The Epson WorkForce ET-3750 can be purchased from Amazon for around $$$.
Canon Office Products MAXIFY IB4120 Wireless Color Photo Printer
- Built to handle big jobs, this MAXIFY Printer features a 500 Sheet Paper Capacity with two 250 Sheet paper trays
- Designed for efficiency, MAXIFY printers offer a Low Cost per Print when using XLink tanks.
- Be ready to print in as little as 6 seconds from power on with Quick First Print
- With a 30,000 page peak Monthly Duty Cycle, the MAXIFY iB4120 is built to last for all your business needs.
- All MAXIFY printers feature 100% US-based Service & Support
With a maximum total input paper capacity of around 500 sheets, the Canon MAXIFY IB4120 is ideal for taking on large and heavy-duty print jobs. Unlike the other best printers for Mac, the IB4120 is pretty quick to initialize, taking just 6 seconds from power-on to deliver the first print. And with the optional XL ink tanks installed, the MAXIFY IB4120 reduces the cost per page drastically and helps you save on the recurring running costs.
The Canon MAXIFY IB4120 wireless color printer can be purchased from Amazon for around $.
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
- Main functions of this all-in-one wide-format printer: copy, scan, fax, wide-format printing up to 11x17 inches, wireless printing, AirPrint, 2-sided duplex printing, color touchscreen, automatic document feeder, and more
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand: The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud—such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Up to 50% less cost per page than color lasers with fast print speeds up to 22 pages per minute black; support high-volume office printing with a paper input capacity of up to 500 sheets with two 250-sheet paper trays
- Print, scan, and copy in standout color on a variety of paper sizes from letter to 11x17 inches; tap and swipe the color touchscreen, easily manage print, scan, copy, and fax jobs directly at the printer
- Use Original HP 952 & HP 952XL ink cartridges for great result print after print; original HP ink prints up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
Backed by a three-year limited warranty, the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-In-One Printer is one of the best printers for Mac as it is capable of handling A3+ sheets. The printer comes with support for multiple wired and wireless printing protocols such as remote printing using ePrint and mobile wireless printing.
Navigating the settings and options of the printer is done via a touchscreen display interface at the front of the device. However, while the printer is capable of printing A3+ sheets, it loses out on the ability to scan or copy papers of A3 sizes.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-In-One Printer can be purchased from Amazon for around $$.
Epson PictureMate PM-400 Wireless Compact Color Photo Printer
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink. Cartridges described as Compatible, Remanufactured, refilled or refillable may not work properly or at all. See product description for more details
- Beautiful borderless photos - easily print high-quality 4"x6" & 5"x7" Photos
- Ultra compact design - lightweight, portable printer saves space
- Total Wireless solution - Print from iPad, iPhone, tablets and smartphones
- Photo Print speed: 4" X 6" Borderless photo in as fast as 36 Sec (default mode: Color photo in default mode on Premium photo paper glossy measured from start of paper feed. Actual Print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity)
Another one of the best printers for Mac that delivers exceptional photos, the Epson PictureMate PM-400 can reach print resolutions as high as 5760 x 1440 dpi. The printer comes in a lightweight and compact build that takes up very little space on your desk. The PM-400 is equipped with the ability to print borderless photos in 4” x 6” and 5” x 7” sizes. With support for Epson Connect, you can even take photos on your smart device and instantly send them to the printer for printing.
The Epson PictureMate PM-400 wireless color printer can be purchased from Amazon for around $$.
- Sold as 1 Each.
- Laser Printer
- B/W Laser Technology
- Monochrome print speeds of up to 36 pages per minute (1) with maximum duty cycle of 15,000 pages a month. USB, Wireless, Ethernet.
- 250-sheet paper capacity up to legal (8.5"x14") sized paper Standard Memory: 64MB Automatic duplexing (two sided printing) 1 line mono display 1 year limited warranty.
The Brother HL-L2370DW is a compact monochrome laser printer with fast print speeds of up to 36 pages per minute. With its high yield toner, the printer is perfect for handling high volume printing and helps keep the running costs to a minimum. Brother offers a one-year limited warranty for the HL-L2370DW with free support for the entire life of the printer. The printer also comes with a manual paper feed that is highly versatile and can handle papers of different sizes including card stock and envelopes.
The Brother HL-L2370DW printer can be purchased from Amazon for around $$.
HP LaserJet Pro M477fdw All-in-One Wireless Color Laser Printer
- Your purchase includes One HP LaserJet Pro Printer (M477FDW), four preinstalled starter HP LaserJet toner cartridges (Black: ~2300 pages, C/Y/M: ~1200 pages). Getting Started Guide Install Poster; Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROM; Power cord; and USB cable
- Printer dimensions: 16” W x 25” D x 16” H. Printer Weight: 51 lbs.
- Mobile Printing Capability: HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint; Mopria-certified; NFC Touch-to-print; Wireless Direct Printing; Google Cloud Print 2.0; Mobile Apps
- Designed for work teams of 3-10 people printing 750-4,000 pages per month.
- Product features: Duplex printing Automatic (standard). Copy, scan, fax or email
The HP LaserJet Pro M477fdw All-in-One Wireless Color Laser Printer combines both the speed of a laser printer and the clarity of an inkjet printer. This multifunction printer delivers the first print in as few as 10.6 seconds for black and white documents and 12.3 seconds for color documents.
The M477fdw is also one of the best printers for Mac in handling extremely high workloads and print jobs. Its 2.7-inch touchscreen display is bright and sensitive and helps you easily navigate through the various options and settings. In addition to all this, the printer's automatic document feeder is capable of handling up to 50 pages in a single session.
The HP LaserJet Pro M477fdw All-in-One Wireless Color Laser Printer can be purchased from Amazon for around $$.
Canon TS9120 Wireless All-In-One Printer
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will impress; From stunning photographs to detailed documents, put the 6 color individual ink system to work and never compromise on speed or quality
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease; Print hassle free whether from the cloud, through Bluetooth, from social media or even on the go
- The PIXMA TS9120 Wireless printer is the all in one that fits perfectly anywhere in the home, and looks great with any decor thanks to its two tone design and multiple color options
- With intuitive features like the 5.0 inches LCD touchscreen and enhanced user interface, Bluetooth printing, & document removal reminder, it's clear to see why the Pixma TS9120 makes printing a breeze
- The Pixma TS9120 is always ready to print with its Auto Expandable Output Tray; Print Resolution (Up to): Up to 4800 x 1200 dots per inch
Equipped with an extra large 5-inch LCD touchscreen display, the Canon TS9120 can be used to preview photos and edit them using the built-in photo tools before printing. The printer also features multiple wireless connectivity options including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cloud connectivity, and lets you print from any of your smart devices. Featuring a two-tone design, the Canon TS9120 is aesthetically pleasing to look at and goes well with almost all types of décor.
The Canon TS9120 wireless all-in-one printer can be purchased on Amazon for around $.
Based on our review of the best printers for Mac, the Canon PIXMA TS8050 comes out as the overall winner due to its sheer ability to print at extremely high resolutions. Besides that, the printer's 6 individual ink tanks help increase the print yield as well as help save a lot on running costs. The only major downside is the high upfront cost of the printer.
If you value print quality more than the price, then the Canon PIXMA TS8050 is the right choice for you. But if you're looking for a hard-wearing printer that fits a more affordable budget, then the Brother MFC-J6935DW is likely to be a good option for your printing needs. For those of you who despise funky gimmicks and require an unadulterated printing experience, you will find the Brother HL-L2370DW printer adequate for your requirements.
Last update on 2021-01-16 at 11:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API